… with creativity. Projects abound… only to crash into the immovable barrier of the age-old dilemma: too little time, too many ideas.
It’s Jordanne again, the girl behind the site (actually SITES, as in the plural form). The one whose brain feels a bit too much like a computer these days. Honestly, when I begin to process life as if it exists through the tags of cascading style sheets, it’s time to start seriously consider what I am doing.
So, in effort to preserve my sanity… (Not sure if any remnant exists to preserve, but anyhoo…), I am asking for assistance. For those who know me… yes, that’s right, I am asking for help. Never thought you’d see the day, eh?
Almost ready projects waiting in the wings :
- 100 Foot Diet Community Site
- Homegrown Revolution (real-time documentation of our 10,000 lb challenge)
- Dervaes Institute Non-profit Website
- Urban Homestead Community Site
PATH TO FREEDOM.com PROJECTS:
- Super-duper Photogallery. (In which we share with our readers the hundreds of photographs that fill several external harddrives)
- Updated Event Calendar. (Hey, if we finish these many web projects, the events may start up again!!!)
- Redesign of Path to Freedom.com (Okay, this will be a huge project that actually scares the bejeebers out of me. But, I’m also excited about the many ideas for it that will take the strain off me in keeping it going)
- Editing and launch of the much promised, but sadly pushed aside: Part II – the Urban Homestead Manual
This journal, although launched, is not finished. There are tweaks, features, plugins and ideas I have for it. But the heck is in the details.
Currently I am working with a programmer for Peddler’s Wagon and a skilled WordPress authority (Hi Brianna P!) but as you can see, our projects are many. If I want to finish/launch/share anything in the near future so I can move on to other things like sharing videos, how-tos, booklets with our readers, I need to get out from under this load.
So if you can squash bugs (not the aphid kind), have css skills, know wordpress widgets, like to research and find the best programs or know of a friend or a company in the website sector you have dealt with that you recommend, send me an email: jordanne(at)pathtofreedom.com
I know there are many companies out there, but I am giving the huge readership on journal a shot because I am looking for the personal touch — someone I can get right into the project(s) with.
If you think you might be the techie person that can help, send me an email with your facts and details as well as your per job rates. And, let me know if you would like to “stick it to the man” and be paid with Peddler’s Wagon dollars. Yup, that’s right. We don’t need no stinkin’ money. Let’s barter! You could end up with a Solar Oven. And a Soil Block Maker. Or one of these fun little beauties.
And I will thank you. Fairlight and Blackberry will thank you. The hens will thank you. Cassidy will thank… uh… I don’t think she’ll thank you. People sitting at computers make for comfortable and warm laps to snuggle in!