We interrupt our regular posting schedule for some important news…..
Path to Freedom Urban Homestead needs your support. As the year comes to an end, please consider donating to help sustain our ever-expanding outreach and help us grow to the next level.
Our nonprofit is looking to raise some “grass roots” funds to help keep our webmistresses providing you with dispatches from the urban homestead here at Little Homestead in the City, pay for web-hosting fees, upgrade our websites, purchase public screening licenses for documentaries to show at film nights, and further our outreach as urban homesteading and farming ambassadors.
Consider giving a small donation ($10, $15, $20 or more)
Help us, help you, help others
• School tours of the urban homestead offering hands-on learning experiences
• Canning workshop with local Jr High School students
• Working with local college students in their sustainability studies
• Invested our time to help answer questions via phone, e-mail or in person
• Film & Food Night monthly community events
• 10 Elements of Urban Homesteading – Tips on living a self reliant life in the middle of the city presentation
• Composting 101 workshop
• Growing Food in Small Spaces presentation
• Save Our Seeds presentation
• Our free social network, FreedomGardens.org, of backyard gardeners grew to over 5,800 members
• Participation in and tabling at a slew of community Earth Day festivals and Eco Fairs
• Launching of a new seed company, FreedomSeeds.org, to save seeds from corporate control
• DVD of Homegrown Revolution film short made available for community, educational and individual showings, as well as screening at film festivals worldwide (Greece, Italy, India, Spain)
• Little Homestead in the City celebrates nine years online. First and most comprehensive blog on urban homesteading
• Newly designed and re-launch of Path to Freedom Urban Homestead main site, including new photo gallery, online calendar and more
Path to Freedom Urban Homestead is a project of non profit Dervaes Institute 508 (c)(1)(A)
Next, stay tuned for another HUGE picture post… spoiler alert…. There’s a few candid shots!