Are you interested in lending a hand to help create a better world while learning new skills at the same time? Urban Homestead is looking for hard-working, flexible, dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers who have a positive attitude and willingness to adapt and learn. In exchange, you will have an unique experience of mutual reward and joy.
Volunteers will work alongside the family and founders doing chores, building, maintenance projects and hands on self reliance skills. Sometimes the tasks range from helping in the kitchen, making jam, building a pallet fence or sowing some seeds.
COMMITMENT HOURS EXPECTED:
While we are flexible to everyone’s private lives, we ask that you don’t submit to volunteer unless you can commit to approximately 30 hrs per month. Work hours on the farm vary depending on the time of year and individual circumstance. We do not have Saturday volunteer days.
Duration: 1 month minimum.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN EXCHANGE:
We will provide meals, drinks and snacks when applicable (if you are working through lunch hour, etc).
If you have any special dietary concerns, please let us know prior to arrival and we will do our best to cater for you. However, please be aware that while we will do our best to accommodate dietary needs we operate with limited human resources and therefore we cannot promise to cater for all allergies.
Either discounted or comped admittance to workshops, events and other exciting happenings at the Urban Homestead.
When available : take home goods, extra produce, other fun items.
Hands-on experience and a unique educational opportunity!
No smoking, drugs or alcohol are allowed. We reserve the right to refuse and or to terminate previous volunteering agreements.
We require all volunteers to sign a Release of Liability Waiver, where you will agree to not hold the Urban Homestead accountable for injury or accident whilst on premise and to read our Etiquette Policy as well as our NDA Agreement.
1. Before submitting your application please make sure you have the time to commit to volunteering.
2. Please ensure you complete ALL sections of the application form. We will not review applications that have not been completed fully.
3. It is important that you adhere to URBAN HOMESTEAD policy at all times while on the property, failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave.
4. Before applying please ensure you are happy to comply with all of the terms in the Liability Waiver. You will be asked to sign and accept these terms prior to commencing the placement.
5. Urban Homestead is a working farm and demonstration site. We are continuously evolving and are always refining the system.
6. Urban Homestead is well-known and often featured in the media. We require our Volunteers to behave with respect and discretion to celebrity visitors, film crews, drop-by visitors and keep our policies in place.
7. All Volunteers must agree with and sign our NDA.