Summer time and the living is yummy. Gardens are overflowing and stomachs are full with sun-ripened goodies.
Who doesn’t love a homemade salsa with sun-ripened tomatoes picked fresh from the vine?
An alternative to a typical tomato salsa is one made with peaches–so delicious and refreshing on a hot summer day.
Peach salsa is less acid than one made from tomatoes and is great on chips or used as a topping on grilled chicken or fish. Add black beans for a heartier more filling salsa dish.
- 4 medium peaches (2 cups)
- 1 sweet red pepper (seeded)
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 jalapenos (seeded and stems and ribs removed)
- 1 cup cooked black beans (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- juice of 1 lime
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop and combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Serve chilled.